Agritom design and manufacture state-of-the-art, environmentally optimised growing systems for producing high-quality livestock feed. This is achieved through an intensive 4 to 7-day growing cycle utilising the most recent soil-less, hydroponic growing technology. This is in response to a tremendous need that exists for superior quality, high crop yields in a completely secure and monitored environment. These benefits cannot be achieved by field growing methods. Not only does this create a year-round growing system in any location in the world, but a predictable yield harvest after harvest.
As the National Sales Manager, your task will be to expand sales of existing products in the region. You will interact with customers within your region and be responsible for maintaining and expanding profitable sales and technical support. Some primary responsibilities would include execution of the annual budget, forecasting sales, and long term contribution to customer and account development. In addition, you will identify, recruit and manage personnel to capitalise on business opportunities in the region.
• Align with and personify the company’s purpose statement and value proposition.
• Research and identify new sales opportunities.
• Develop clear and effective written proposals or quotes for current and prospective customers.
• Develop accurate quarterly and annual sales forecasts for your region.
• Supply management with oral and written reports about customers’ needs, problems, interests, and offers from competitor’s pertinent market intelligence.
• Provide sales support and insights to existing employees.
• Schedule, organize and execute product presentations.
• Resolve customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions and providing follow-up service.
• Be involved with relevant industry organizations and trade associations, and attend industry events, as appropriate.
• Keep abreast of changes in product application, relevant technology, market conditions, and industry news.
• Monitor and report competitors’ activities within the specified region of responsibility.
• Nurture and protect brand identity and develop opportunities to extend brand influence and penetration.
Key Knowledge Skills and Behaviors:
• Bachelor’s degree in horticulture, agronomy, animal nutrition or other life sciences is preferred but a degree level qualification is essential.
• Ten years or more experience in the agricultural industry & a track record of success in sales.
• Experience in contract negotiation and demonstrated success in an agricultural product sales role.
• Demonstrate the ability to problem-solve and determine solutions for customers.
• Excellent presentation skills with the ability to speak knowledgeably while presenting product information to both small and large groups.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Ability to forecast.
• Ability to work within budget, expenses and time constraints.
• Self-motivated with strong written and oral communication skills.
• Good interpersonal relationships; chemistry with the rest of the group is important.
• Analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong industry network.
• Maintain & increase existing sales.
• Volumes and margins vs. budget and previous years.
• FOB sales.
• New business conversions.
• Customer complaint resolution.
• Customer loyalty and retention.
• Work within predetermined expense budgets.
• Forecasting accuracy.
If you believe you’re a great fit for the role, click ‘Apply Now’ and send us your up-to-date resume. Due to the large volume of applications, only successful applicants will be contacted